The Canberra SleepTalk™ Sessions are our answer to the needs of many parents living in Australia Capital Territory. Even though a part of this article will focus on the service we offer, it’s also a free resource that you can use to improve your understanding of how the subconscious mind works and also understand how to protect your child from confidence-damaging comments and traumatic experiences.
To understand what SleepTalk™ is, a program dedicated to the well-being of children, you must first understand how the human mind works.
How we get to believe what we believe
Everything around us, from the smell of fresh coffee to the latest show you’re watching on Netflix is information. Our brain is constantly processing the information, through something called ‘conscious and subconscious acceptance‘. Adults use analytical logic, critical, and conscious thinking to assess what to accept and internalise. We don’t take everything we hear as truth and we don’t turn all of those words into our beliefs.
The problem is that kids develop this type of reasoning as they grow older. Something that an adult would quickly dismiss, a child will accept and internalise. Once accepted into the subconscious mind and transformed into a memory, the information becomes a belief. It doesn’t even matter if it’s true or not.
As a result kids can interpret the world and act based on flawed, negative beliefs that they hold to be true.
“All human responses are based upon accepted beliefs held in the deep subconscious mind. These beliefs are constantly referred to as we react to every situation with which the conscious mind is presented.” – Joane Goulding
“How could you be so stupid?”
Overworked and overwhelmed parents are under a lot of stress, and quite often say things they don’t actually believe or mean to say during an outburst. While adults recognise this as a moment of weakness, kids will hear these often ‘loaded’ words and retain them in their subconscious mind, associated emotions and all.
Children might not remember the words until years later in life, but a negative remark and the pain it caused can be embedded in their belief system and enacted by their subconscious mind a later time. This could have the potential to cause harm to a child’s self-esteem and distance them from authority figures as the grow.
The same effect can be caused by older siblings not wanting to play with a younger child; from watching TV shows or commercials; kids are receiving these suggestions all the time and in the long run can impact their development and follow them throughout their adult lives.
The power of positive suggestions
The SleepTalk™ process helps kids accept positive suggestions directly into the subconscious mind. Once the positive suggestions are made this way, they start replacing previously accepted negative ones. Through this process, the subconscious mind makes changes to its held beliefs, accepting new, positive suggestions which once the child wakes up become their new reality.
Just like a computer antivirus stops malicious software to be installed on your computer, the positive suggestions delivered through the SleepTalk™ process protects the child against negative ones.
Getting to know the Goulding SleepTalk™ for Children Process
This process helps parents in supporting their kids to develop a harmonious belief structure and improve their self-confidence. During the SleepTalk™ sessions, a parent will learn how to make the suggestions from a certified hypnotherapist in a way that they’ll be effective.
The suggestions need to be delivered by parents while the child is asleep, accessing the subconscious mind at brain-wave levels ranging from the deep Alpha to the light Theta (approximately 8-6 electromagnetic cycles per second). Parents should do it without waking the children, and before the child reaches the deepest level of the sleeping cycle during the time when very slow Delta brain waves manifest.
Should you learn this process?
It’s a great investment in your child’s well-being. The entire daily process takes only 2 minutes, but the results will last a lifetime. After a hypnotherapist teaches you how to do it, you’ll be able to help your child develop their self-esteem and solve other issues like nail biting or bedwetting. The process is simple and can be used for children of ages and cognitive capabilities. It can help children recover from anxiety, stress, and even trauma. Reactions like stomach aches, nail biting, bedwetting, nightmares and night terrors, crying, separation anxiety, poor attention can be the result of negative suggestions embedded in the child’s subconscious mind.
SleepTalk™ is safe and effective, and is recognised by various hypnosis associations.
Throughout the years, the Goulding SleepTalk™ for Children Process has been recognised by various institutions and organisations from around the world. Those organisations relevant to our part of the world are:
- The Hypnosis Association of Queensland
- The Professional Hypnotherapists of Western Australia Organisation
- The Council of Clinical Hypnotherapists of Australia
- The Australian Hypnotherapy Association
- The Australian Counselling Association
- Counsellors Victoria
- The Australian Society of Clinical Hypnotherapists
- The Australian Association of Clinical Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy
- The Professional Clinical Hypnotherapists of Australia
- The International Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy Association
- The International Association of Counselling Therapists
- The International Hypnosis Federation
- The New Zealand Hypnotherapy Federation
Why should you book a SleepTalk™ Session with Brand New Mindset?
- You’ll learn a simple, natural, non-intrusive process that will allow you to boost your child’s self-esteem.
- You’ll be trained to help your child change their behaviour, addressing specific issues after they have fallen asleep.
- Your entire family will benefit from a bedtime routine that is completely safe, and only takes a few minutes per day.
- You’ll master a process that will allow you to protect your child from damaging negative suggestions, which are present everywhere.
Things to expect during your training
- The training consists of 3 private sessions. Each one of them is around 90 minutes long.
- During these sessions, the hypnotherapists work with the parents to analyse current problems and to identify the underlying causes producing those effects as well as possible secondary gains.
- Parents get to understand how the mind of their child works at their current age and receive insights into their behaviour.
- The SleepTalk™ process is explained, and parents are able to implement the Foundation Process and identify the optimum brainwave phase on their own child from the first evening after attending the class.
- Parents are taught how to observe the effects of the SleepTalk™ process on their child for 12 weeks, while also supported by their hypnotherapist.
- The second and third sessions will focus on identifying key needs and learn the skills to solve and correct bad behaviours by creating the appropriate statements to continue the positive development.
- For those parents who can’t see the Brand New Mindset hypnotherapists in person, the SleepTalk® Process can also be taught via Skype.
- All parents receive the support they need through email and phone calls.
What parents say about the Goulding SleepTalk™ for Children Process
What issues SleepTalk™ can help parents solve
- Building confidence and improving self-esteem
- Anxiety, stress, fear, phobias, trauma
- Sibling rivalry
- Aggression and behaviour management
- Education, study, concentration, memory
- Health issues such as asthma, skin, eating disorders, constipation
- Improving creativity and expression (speech)
- Developing sporting skills
- Improving coordination & physical abilities
- Achieving goals
- Habits such as bed-wetting, nail-biting
- Nightmares or terrors
- Sleep problems
Please fill in the form below to reach out to Brand New Mindset today and get the answers you need or book your first SleepTalk™ session!